NorthWestern Energy knows how important reliable electric and gas service is to our customers, especially those using life-support devices. We want to remind you to please be prepared in case temporary power outages do occur. Some things that you can do to prepare for an outage include:
- Keeping phone numbers of emergency response agencies (e.g., 911, hospital, fire department, police) in a convenient location, in the event emergency assistance is needed;
- Ensuring that you have a back-up telephone if you use a cordless or other telephone that is dependent on electricity;
- Having a battery-powered radio on hand and a supply of fresh batteries to stay aware of news and other information;
- Keeping a flashlight and extra batteries handy;
- Having an alternate plan in place to ensure the continuity of any life-support needs. This may include making special arrangements to spend time with a friend or relative during an outage or using a back-up generator.
- If you use a back-up generator, please understand that customers are responsible for the safe installation, use, and maintenance of any back-up power.
NorthWestern Energy will make an attempt to notify you if your service will be interrupted due to planned maintenance, repair or construction. We are unable, of course, to provide advance notice of unscheduled power interruptions due to such events as storms, accidents, or equipment failure.