Our Dividend Reinvestment and Direct Stock Purchase Plan "(DRIP") provides interested new investors and holders of record of NorthWestern Energy common stock with a simple and economical method of investing in the Company, through both new cash investments in common stock and reinvestment of cash dividends in additional shares of common stock, without the cost associated with normal brokerage transactions.
The following overview of our DRIP provides a brief summary of certain terms of the plan. If you are considering participation in our DRIP, please read the Dividend Reinvestment and Direct Stock Purchase Plan Prospectus, which describes the plan in greater detail.
Key features of the DRIP:
- Any current shareholder or new investor may participate in our DRIP by submitting a minimum of $100 per transaction, up to a maximum of $100,000 per year, for the purchase of NorthWestern Energy common stock.
- There is no discount for shares that are purchased through our DRIP.
- Purchases may be made at your discretion by check payment directly to the DRIP administrator.
- You may reinvest all or a portion of your cash dividends in additional shares of NorthWestern Energy common stock.
- Current shareholders may transfer any currently owned shares to our DRIP for the purpose of dividend reinvestment.
- Cash dividends may be deposited directly to your bank account.
- You may sell shares of NorthWestern Energy stock directly through the plan.
Computershare is the administrator for our DRIP. To view the DRIP Prospectus and enroll in the plan, please visit Computershare's web site.
Questions on the DRIP or requests for address changes, general shareowner inquiries, and optional cash investments and DRIP transaction requests should be made to:
211 Quality Circle, Suite 210
College Station, TX 77845
Telephone: 1+ (800) 368-5948
You can access your DRIP Account by logging in to your account at the DRIP Administrator’s website (www.computershare.com) and going in to the Investor Centre. If you previously have not established an online account with the DRIP Administrator, you may do so by following the instructions for online access in the Investor Centre at www.computershare.com.
An investment in shares of Common Stock involves risk. Prior to making a decision about investing in our shares of Common Stock, you should carefully consider the risk factors and cautionary statements under the heading “Risk Factors” in our most recently filed Annual Report on Form 10-K and Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q filed subsequent thereto and other filings we make from time to time with the Securities and Exchange Commission, or the SEC. Such factors could affect actual results and cause results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in forward-looking statements made by us or on our behalf. Additional risks and uncertainties not currently known to us or that we currently view as immaterial may also affect our business operations.
NOTE: This information is not an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy any security.