With Budget Billing, you pay the same amount each month. No surprises, just one easy payment amount to plan for.
Signing up for Budget Billing is Easy
Budget Billing takes the guess work out of your energy bill.
- With Budget Billing, you pay the same amount each month.
- Budget Billing amounts are calculated based upon your past 12 months of usage and the rates currently in effect.
- Your payment amount may increase or decrease based on your usage patterns and/or rates currently in effect.
- We'll review your account quarterly to prevent a large overpayment or underpayment from accumulating.
- Changes may be necessary in your Budget amount due to an increase or decrease in your usage patterns and/or the rates currently in effect.
We offer billing options, whether you prefer a paperless bill, budget billing or need to set up payment arrangements.
E-bill Paperless Billing
Sign up for paperless billing. You'll receive an email every month letting you know your NorthWestern Energy bill is available online. It's fast, convenient and completely secure.
Signing up for Paperless Billing is Easy
Signing Up For Payment Arrangements is Easy
Billing and Payment FAQs
What if I can't pay my bill?
If you are worried about your ability to pay your NorthWestern Energy bill, contact us right away.
There are payment assistance programs available that may be able to help.
We also offer Budget Billing, which allows your NorthWestern Energy bill to be the same amount each month, year round.
We can also explore a payment arrangement if your account qualifies.
- Log in to your My Energy Account for payment and billing program information.
- Or call our Customer Service Team at 800-245-6977 to discuss additional options
How is your Budget Billing amount calculated?
Your budget billing amount is calculated using your average annual bill amount base upon your past 12 months of usage and current rates.
We'll review your account at least twice a year to prevent a large overpayment or underpayment from accumulating. Your payment amount may increase or decrease based on your usage patterns and/or rates currently in effect.
What is Budget Billing?
Budget Billing allows you to pay the same amount for your NorthWestern Energy bill every month, eliminating the seasonal highs and lows.
You pay the same amount each month. No surprises, just one easy payment amount to plan for.